Join our Facebook Groups to find out what’s going on in Sevier County, Utah:
Find jobs that are available in Sevier County, Utah
Join Our Email List to Get Regular Updates
NEWS & UPDATES
· Central Utah Public Health Department is sponsoring National Prescription Drug Take Back Day on April 24th from 10am to 2pm at the Napa Auto parts parking lot in Richfield. Clear out your medicine cabinets and dispose of unused or expired medications safely.
· Construction is underway, on a lot northeast of Walmart, on a new steel building. Meanwhile, the new Fiiz Drinks franchise is taking shape in front of Ace Hardware.. See their menu at https://www.fiizdrinks.com/
· Monthly payments to parents, for each of their children, start in July: $300 per month per child under age 6, and $250 per month for children over 6. “Joint filers with children making up to $150,000 will get the full credit for their child, while those earning up to $170,000 will receive a smaller amount of the additional credit.” The stated goal is to continue these payments, indefinitely, to stop American families from being “taxed into poverty.”
· The Walmart Richfield announced “Our pharmacy is administering COVID-19 vaccines and we currently have available appointments! Eligible patients can make their appointment through our online scheduler.” Make your appointment today at http://Walmart.com/covidvaccine.
· Knights Corn Maze is now offering their 2021 seeds, in 35 varieties. Check out all they have on offer: https://www.facebook.com/knightscornmaze/posts/1831539443673897
· 16% of Utah’s women have left the workforce since the pandemic/quarantine. (https://apnews.com/article/utah-coronavirus-pandemic-2f05d48a914af780902ede011225e4f8)
· Utah’s infrastructure was rated best in America — but still only gets C+ grade. In the coming years, Utah will work toward upgrading 62 bridges, 2,000 miles of highways, and vast amounts of our water systems due to their poor condition. (https://apnews.com/article/joe-biden-utah-6d8b3ddea0bc73668cde8c4efea09408)
· Utah Department of Natural Resources reports that “Utah’s current Snow Water Equivalent does not look good.” Currently, the Upper Sevier River is at only 52% of the normal average amounts we should have.
· Accordingly, Utah Division of Water Resources reminds us all that the time to start watering our lawns is… not yet. They report, “It takes all of us to save Utah’s most precious resource (water). In case you haven’t heard yet, Utah’s in a really bad drought. All the recent rain/snow hasn’t diminished #Drought. Please, we beg you– be #Waterwise where you can, when you can.”
· Current gasoline prices are ranging seem to have leveled off between $3.09 and $3.15 per gallon. The national average is much lower — only $2.87.
· If you missed Wildwood’s concert, check out a brief video on SVC’s page at https://www.facebook.com/seviervalleycenter.
· This week, Richfield’s Huish Reel Theatre is showing the nation’s top movie, “Godzilla vs Kong,” the new Disney animated film, “Raya and the Last Dragon,” and the concert film, “Lamb of God.”
SEVIER VALLEY DINING
· Buster’s Cafe Lunch specials this week include Fry Bread Tacos, Swedish Meatballs with Red Potatoes, Malibu Chicken and Philly Cheesesteak sandwiches! Learn more at https://www.facebook.com/groups/1904075703009809/user/648742333/
· Bowlify SuperFoods’ official opening day is Saturday May 8th at 11am. They will be located in Richfield Plaza, right next to Maurice’s. They say that “We look forward to meeting the community!”
· The Richfield Winger’s has revamped their online menu. Check out photos of their dishes now at: https://wingerbros.com/locations/goto/wingers-restaurant-richfield
· GG’s Marketplace in Monroe is offering their Red button ice cream for only $3.33, and their Cravn cookies are $1.69. Stop by for more deals!
· South China restaurant sent out a big “thank you” to our community this week “for voting us as the Business of the Year 2020!”
· Pregnant women, new mothers, infants, and children up to age 5 can get FREE help to well and stay healthy. Let your family and friends know that they can learn more at https://centralutahpublichealth.org/wic/ — or — https://wic.utah.gov/ .
· Have you tried Costa Vida’s new “Costa-Cado?” Try one with a Coke for a chance to win a PS5! Just scan your receipt with their app to be entered to win.
SEVIER VALLEY JOBS
· Our local jobs group, at https://www.facebook.com/groups/seviervalleyjobs/ , is a great place to list, or find, employment. Anyone in the group can share job listings they notice anywhere. Unfortunately, there are lots of fake applicants to the group which we do our best to screen out. So, if you have a local friend, who for some reason wasn’t allowed into the group, please let the admins know and we’ll be happy to work it out. Thanks for helping make Sevier Valley a wonderful place to live!
SEVIER VALLEY HOMES
· Local realtor, Kaycie Rosequist Torgerson, is offering a beautifully remodeled, five-bedroom, three-bath home available soon at 309 East 100 South in Richfield. See the beautiful photos now at https://www.facebook.com/groups/seviervalleyhomes/permalink/3842580625828557/
SPORTS & OUTDOORS
· If you need advice for your outdoor plans, stop by Barney Outdoor Outfitters (https://www.facebook.com/barneyoutdooroutfitters or https://barneyoutdooroutfitters.com/). They know, well, just about everything about enjoying the outdoors in our area.
· Whatever your plans are for spending time outdoors, for the forseeable future the weather report predicts highs in the sixties, or even seventies, windy with possible rain over the next ten days. Lows above freezing.
RICHFIELD NEIGHBORHOOD WATCH
· The Richfield City Police recently warned locals that, “We hear it all the time. We live in a small town — who would think my car or my home would be burglarized? 90% of the time these crimes happen because people do not lock up their homes or vehicles… We do live in a great city and our officers patrol but there are times they get busy with other calls and can’t be everywhere at once. As citizens in the community, we ask that you do your part and lock up your valuables. Take away the temptation. Thanks for helping make Richfield City the great place it is today!!”