Select Page

Utah’s voter-approved Medicaid expansion will bring healthcare to many — for the first time. With the pressing Coronavirus crisis, this expansion may be crucial.

Please let friends and family know they may now qualify for Medicaid. This is a big change:

“On December 23, 2019, the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) authorized the Utah Department of Health (UDOH) to implement full Medicaid expansion in the state. The expansion will extend Medicaid eligibility to Utah adults whose annual income is up to 138% of the federal poverty level ($17,236 for an individual or $35,535 for a family of four). The federal government will cover 90% of the costs of these services, with the state covering the remaining 10%. It is estimated that up to 120,000 Utah adults are eligible for the expansion program.”

Medicaid Expansion

More info:
jobs.utah.gov/customereducation/services/medicaid/adultexpand.html

FAQ: jobs.utah.gov/customereducation/services/medicaid/adultexpandfaq.pdf