The corona virus epidemic is spreading across the globe. Experts believe that everyone will, eventually, be effected — even here in the Sevier Valley. Below is an updated listing of news on the growing threat and how to prepare.
– The CDC warns Americans to prepare for coronavirus outbreak: Americans should “prepare for the expectation that this might be bad,” saying schools may need to use “internet-based teleschooling,” business may need to use “video or telephone conferences and increase teleworking options,” and communities might have to “modify, postpone or cancel mass gatherings. Now is the time for businesses, hospitals, communities, schools and everyday people to begin preparing. I understand this whole situation may seem overwhelming and that disruption to everyday life may be severe. But these are things that people need to start thinking about now.” [The CDC expert] also explained that she has told her family that they ‘ought to be preparing for significant disruption to our lives.'”
– “The emerging consensus among epidemiologists is that the most likely outcome of this outbreak is a new seasonal disease—a fifth ‘endemic’ coronavirus. With the other four, people are not known to develop long-lasting immunity. If this one follows suit, and if the disease continues to be as severe as it is now, ‘cold and flu season’ could become ‘cold and flu and [coronavirus] season.'”
– Also: “Why the coronavirus outbreak is looking more like a pandemic: Health experts say it’s time to prepare for worldwide spread on all continents.”
– Also: Coronavirus mostly targets elderly, sparing children:
– Also: The CDC Is Warning Businesses And Schools In The US To Start Preparing For Spreading Coronavirus
– Also: How to Prepare for the Coronavirus:
– Also: CDC: Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
– Also: Dashboard the medical and media industries are using to track the coronavirus:
– Also: California is monitoring at least 8,400 people for the coronavirus
– Also: A Guide: How To Prepare Your Home For Coronavirus
– Also: The growing coronavirus recession threat
– Also: Here’s What To Put In A Coronavirus Preparedness Kit: The CDC has warned that the spread of coronavirus is less of an “if” and more of a “when.”
– Also: Preparing for Coronavirus to Strike the US: Getting ready for the possibility of major disruptions is not only smart; it’s also our civic duty
– Also: How to prepare for a coronavirus pandemic
– Also: Coronavirus Testing: What To Know As It Becomes Available Across The U.S.